Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Music

The holiday season is in full swing, which means I am blasting Christmas music at every opportunity.  Here's what I've been listening to this year:

  • When I was really young, my family got "The christmas tape".  It was contemporary (at the time) Christian artists singing Christmas songs, and this tape was played pretty much non-stop from the day after Thanksgiving until Christmas Day.  The tape is still in working order as far as I know, but it lives at my parents' house.  A few years ago, I found it on iTunes, and was so excited! 
  • Relient K's Christmas Album is also one of my favorites.  These guys do a really great job mixing traditional carols with some fun new stuff.  Love it. 
  • Weezer put out a short Christmas album a few years ago.  It pretty much rocks.  
  • I've been taking advantage of the streaming music websites, too:
    •  Rdio is my favorite, because you can listen to specific albums or songs, and create playlists.  I've mostly been listening to A Very She & Him Christmas and Michael Buble's Christmas Album.  One downside:  I have used up my free monthly allowance of listening, so I am stuck until my new month starts in 5 days!
    • Pandora is my backup, so I'm listening to it right now.  I've tried to make Christmas stations, but it always starts to play regular music at some point, and I have to make a new station.  
I'm also loving this version of Baby, It's Cold Outside, by Ben Folds and Sara Bareilles (skip to about 2:20 for the actual performance to start):  

What are your favorite Christmas songs or albums?

No comments:

Post a Comment