Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Optometrist and Old Guy Approved

This afternoon, I went to the eye doctor.  I've been looking for a good eye doctor in town for a few years, and I think I finally found her!  She was wearing super cute metallic snakeskin flats, and she complimented my skirt and boots.  We then discussed the popularity of skinny jeans, and how it is sometimes hard to make the jump when you've always worn boot-cut.  What a great eye doctor!  Oh, she also did a good job at checking my eyes, and stuff.


After my eyes were dilated and I pretty much couldn't see anything up close, I picked out some new glasses, and then wore my very old glasses for the rest of the day (pictured above).  It was pretty tricky to make a choice, since I couldn't see unless I was about an inch away from the mirror.  I ended up with some blue Kate Spade frames, so hopefully they are cute.  Anyway, here's a true story from glasses shopping:

I'm picking out a few frames, and trying them on in the mirror, and I hear a wolf whistle behind me.  In situations like this, my first response is always to ignore it.  Maybe it will go away.  So, I try on the next pair, and hear a very old man's voice saying "Those look good!"  and I catch his reflection in the mirror.  He's really really old, so I figure I can be nice and say thanks.  Then he pulls out this gem of a line:

Hey, are you from Tennessee?  Because you're the only TEN I SEE!  

Get it??  80 year old men are so creative!  I immediately sent my husband a text letting him know what a catch I am!

Cardigan: Gap
T-shirt:  Loft
Skirt: Gap
Tights: Target
Boots:  Rampage
Glasses:  Donna Karen (probably from about 1998 or so).

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, you are so cute. I love reading your blog and I LOVED the DIY on the glittery shoes. If I ever have a girl, I'm totally doing that to all her shoes. How cool would sparkly tennis shoes be? But she would probably leave a trail of glitter... Anyway, I digress. Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete