Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Bad Drivers




I'm jumping back into Blog Every Day in May for today's topic: Rant about something

I try to keep it pretty positive around here, but since it's part of the challenge, I'm going to take advantage of this opportunity to complain.  I've created a very crude drawing below to show you what I mean.  When I leave work, I turn right onto a road that has a median separating the southbound lane from the northbound lane.  Right where I turn out, there's an opening in the median (so I could turn left, if needed).  Pretend I'm the red line.  There are people who work in an office to the north (they are the yellow line) who think it is appropriate to turn south (into the northbound lane) and then cross over into the southbound lane at the gap in the median.  THIS IS NOT OKAY!      


I understand it's annoying that you can't turn left, but just take a right and flip a U-turn at the next opening.  You can't drive the wrong way, even if it's just really quick.  Every few weeks, I almost run into one of these people, because they come from the wrong direction/lane.  I'm not looking there when I go to turn right!  I always honk at them, and they sometimes flip me off (because I'm the jerk in this situation??).

I have a few (or maybe several) other traffic-related topics to rant about, but I'm sure no one wants to read that!

Shirt: Old Navy
Skirt: Sunny Leigh via Macy's
Cardigan: Urban Outfitters
Shoes: Target
Purse: thrifted



3 comments:

  1. Yeah, people who don't follow the driving rules drive me crazy too. Boo for them
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOD! I totally get how you feel. I could go on for HOURS about the horrors of Kansas drivers! Ugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a huge fan of your shoes!!! So cute!! Also, I get so, so, so mad about people who break driving laws. SO ANNOYING. That's how I got in my car accident last month - a woman at a stop sign pulled out in front of me (when I didn't have a stop sign and clearly had the right of way)...and since then, I've almost gotten in an accident at that very intersection three more times! What the heck!?

    theoriginalbrynn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete