Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

I'm Sorry





Day 13, Monday: Issue a public apology. This can be as funny or as serious or as creative as you want it to be.

Here's a short list of things I am generally sorry about:

  • Sorry that my thinking face looks like I'm super angry
  • Sorry to anyone who ever sits directly behind me - my hair is big - good luck seeing anything
  • Sorry to anyone who sits on my left at dinner - I will probably hit you with my elbow
  • Sorry that I talk so loudly and probably can't hear you unless you are also a loud-talker
  • Sorry that I will order something very customized at most restaurants - I'm sure it confuses the staff and embarrasses everyone else at my table
I'm probably forgetting something, but I think I apologize many times a day.  I think I read (or probably saw it on Oprah) that women say "I'm sorry" more frequently than men do.  I don't know if that's true, but it wouldn't surprise me.  Based on my observations and some discussions, I think women (or at least I) say "I'm sorry" whenever something bad happens (I'm sorry you got a flat tire), even if I'm not responsible for the bad thing.  It seems like men (again, I'm generalizing here) tend to say "I'm sorry" only in cases where they are really apologizing for something they did.  Has anyone else noticed this?

Also, this would be another perfect dress for the owner/manager of an awesome candy store (explanation here)


Dress: Old Navy
Scarf: H&M
Jacket: Izod
Belt (that you can't see): Limited
Sandals: Carlos Santana via DSW

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha! I liked this post. I swear I am thinking we may be long lost sisters because I get "angry face" when I am thinking and also the fact that I like to customize my meals too :) Great outfit too. I love the colors and the pattern mixing. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this dress at Old Nay, I should have tried it on. Love the apology and I can be specific when ordering at restraints too :)
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I got in trouble in high school for having too intense of a thinking face. My history teacher said, "Lighten up, you look pissed!"
    2. Are you a lefty too?!?! We have to carefully plan out who sits where at family get togethers - about a third of us are left-handed!
    3. I'm ALWAYS ordering customized things at restaurants and people constantly tease me about it. I'm a selective eater - I know what I like and what I don't like!!

    Same, same, we are :)

    Also, I looove your outfit. I need to get bolder about my pattern mixing...I'll take note of this and try it out for myself one of these days!!

    ReplyDelete