Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Keep It Simple



Take One, Pass It On Item:  gray boots from last Wednesday's post.  This sort of feels like cheating, because I wear these boots all the time, but I'm following my modified version of the rules, so it's all good.

I really love this outfit, even though it's kind of boring.  It was just super comfortable and (I think) still stylish.  Kate has been talking about getting back to basics lately, and I think it's a good reminder, especially to those of us who post our daily outfits on the internet.  Sometimes, I just want to wear jeans and a cozy sweater, and I don't always feel like it is "blog-worthy."  Then I feel dishonest if I don't post my less exciting outfits.  So here's a simple outfit - it's a good example of what I wear on the days when I don't feel like thinking too hard about what to wear.

Scarf: Charming Charlie
Sweater: Gap
Jeans: Old Navy
Boots: Wanted via Piperlime  

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely agree that simple is sometimes the best. Those outfits usually end up being some of my favorite without all the extras. I love your pop of pink with that fun scarf! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a solid outfit. I feel like we need to remind ourselves that as long as we're not going out in sweats and/or pajamas, we are doing something blog-worthy. I'm not sure how it is for you, but over winter break, I have the hardest time getting dressed. The fact that we are getting dressed and we look good when we do is something to be proud of! (Right?)

    ReplyDelete