Pages

Friday, October 25, 2013

Acai




I didn't mean to skip yesterday, but I was pretty busy being as lazy as possible all day, and I wasn't super excited about my "carafe" outfit.  Maybe I'll post it next week some time as an example of a not so awesome outfit.  I'm jumping back in for Acai, which I was pronouncing wrong for a couple years, but apparently it is purplish, so I'm wearing my color blocked purple dress in the hope that one of them is the appropriate hue.  Go check out the rest of the Pantone Inspired Challenge with  Marissa  and Heidi.

In other news, I'm 29 now!  For the first time.  The problem with turning 29 is that older people always joke on their birthday that they are turning 29.  So I have to explain that I'm REALLY turning 29.   I'll be celebrating my birthday as much as possible over the weekend, so I'll probably do a summary post next week some time.  For now, I'll just say I had a really nice day.  I took off work, got a manicure/pedicure, and went out to dinner at my favorite restaurant with my favorite guy.  Then I went to the mall for a bit and felt kind of old at Forever 21, and took refuge at The Limited where I found 2 items from my Wardrobe Wish List.    Pretty great day! 


Dress: Limited
Scarf: H&M
Jacket: Izod
Shoes: BCBGeneration

10 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!! I love your pretty scarf! I'm pretty sure I'm still pronouncing Acai wrong haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Love this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happiest birthday and weekend to you! Sounds like you had an awesome day! Your skirt and scarf are both gorgeous, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this dress! I'm glad you decided to hop back in for Acai :) we missed you yesterday! Thanks so much for joining us this week. I hope you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, dear Andi!! I'm excited to hear more about what you did on your birthday :) I love this outfit - that dress has such pretty colors in it, and I like how it looks with the orange/purple printed scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday (again!) Andi! I am loving this dress and I love the scarf! Don't feel bad, I skipped yesterday, too because bleh. Have a wonderful birthday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Again, I hope you had a wonderful dress. This dress is perfect for acai day. I can't wait to see what you picked up from The Limited!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am probably pronouncing acai wrong too, haha, oh well! love your interpretation of the purple-hued look, you look great, and the floral scarf is a very fun addition! happy birthday too, i hope you've been having wonderful celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your scarf paired with this dress! Purple...err acai is such a beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete