Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Marian the Librarian

This outfit is from last Wednesday.  The dress code at my office is pretty casual, but I usually try to dress up a few times a week.  On this particular day, we were interviewing some applicants, so I wanted to be a little more "business" and a little less "casual".  I kind of felt like a stylish librarian, which reminded me of Marian the Librarian

 I got this sweater at Macy's a few years ago.  A girl can never have too much argyle.  The skirt was a birthday present from my in-laws, the first year John and I were married.  At that point, I had almost no brown items in my wardrobe, and was trying to branch out.

These shoes are a relatively new addition to my wardrobe.  I had been wanting some nude heels for awhile, but hadn't found any that I liked enough.  I found these at Marshall's in early October, but wasn't sure I should spend the money.  My birthday was coming up, so I didn't need to buy myself presents.  I was good and didn't get them, but I kept thinking about them.  I finally caved in a couple weeks later and went to get them.  I'm amazed they were still there, and had my size.  I guess it was meant to be!  


Sweater:  Style& Co (from Macy's)
Buttondown:  Gap
Skirt:  Loft
Tights:  Target
Shoes:  BCBGeneration

1 comment: