Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Spooky Scary

It's the last day of the Winter Challenge!  Good thing the ABCs of style are still going, so I won't have to make my own clothing decisions for a couple more weeks. 

Today's prompt was to wear something that scares you.  This was the most difficult day to figure out for me.  Here are 3 of the ideas I had:
  1. Buy some spider jewelry.  Get it, because I'm scared of spiders.
  2. Dress up like a zombie.  See reasoning of #1.
  3. I was complaining to John about how I didn't know what I was scared of wearing, and he suggested that I let him pick out my outfit.  Yep, that's pretty scary.  I can think of 2 times where he had significant input into what I was wearing.  Both times, it was so ridiculous that I had to pose for pictures holding a shotgun.  I told him as long as his suggestion was work appropriate and did not require firearms as accessories, I would go along with it.  He forgot, so I was left to my own devices. 
So, this morning, I had about 20 minutes to get ready for work and I had zero ideas of what I was scared of wearing.   Here's what I came up with:

This purple velvet blazer has been in my closet for probably 7 years, and I have never worn it. This is also my Closet Orphan, for the ABC challenge.  I got it for about $5 when Macy's bought out the Lazarus department store and everything was like 90% off.  I don't know if I am scared of wearing it, as much as I just didn't know what to wear with it.

The plaid top is pretty new.  I found it over Christmas break when I was shopping with my sister.  I really like it, but it reminds me too much of my high school uniform.  I need to get over my fear of plaid, pleats, and polo shirts one of these days.

And finally, my "real" fear:  skinny jeans with flats.  I generally reserve skinny jeans for wearing with boots.  I think 2 or 3 times, I have worn non-boots, but always with a 3in or higher heel.  I see other people wearing flats with skinny jeans, and I think it is cute, but I just am not sure I can pull it off.

I've also had "Werewolf Bar Mitzvah" stuck in my head all day.  Cracks me up!

Go check out what other bloggers are scared of wearing here.  
And go check out other closet Orphans here.

Blazer:Jones New York
Top:  Talbots via Marshall's
Jeans:  Old Navy
Shoes:  Gap

3 comments:

  1. I totally started singing warewolf bar mitzvah when I saw the title! I think John did a fabulous job...you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Charlotte! But John can't take credit for this. He totally forgot to pick something out, so I had to do it myself. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, a purple velvet blazer! Now that is an amazing piece. You should really work that in more..it's awesome!

    Kayla
    Freckles in April

    ReplyDelete