Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

5 Days, 5 Ways - Bubble Necklace



You can't tell, but it was snowing and about 17 degrees and very windy as I was taking these pictures.  I had my tripod nestled in the garage so it wouldn't get wet or blown over, and I didn't have the patience to make sure my pictures were framed properly, so I'm kind of far away! 

Day 3 of the 5 Days, 5 Ways challenge is all about accessories.  It was tough to pick just one item to feature, but the bubble necklace was the obvious choice.  It's such a statement, and becomes the focal point of the outfit.  When I first saw these appear on fashion blogs, I thought they were cute, but I wasn't about to pay the $100+ for the J.Crew version.  Around Christmas, I noticed the cheaper option at Charming Charlie, and was happy to snag one!  I'd like another color, but I just can't decide what would be best (pink or black are in the lead right now).  Anyway, this is a great necklace and adds interest to any outfit! 

Today, I'm showing 6 ways! 
1/2/3/4/5/6



Outfit Details:
Dress (as a skirt): Target
Sweater: Old Navy
Necklace: Charming Charlie
Belt: Urban Outfitters
Boots: Rampage





5 comments:

  1. I held out for so long not jumping on the bubble necklace bandwagon, but I finally gave in when I found a black one at Kohl's for $14. They really are a statement piece and can add so much to a simple outfit. Your green one is so pretty and it brightens up all of these outfits. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twins today! I just can't get over how versatile these necklaces are - and in all seasons! By this point, worth the purchase at any price for me :) Love it with the striped dress especially.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bubble necklaces do add so much interest to an outfit! I love the way it looks with the blazer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bubble necklaces are almost a clothing item in themselves -- they do so much for any outfit! I love all of yours here! Adorable!
    W

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the outfit with the striped blazer! I don't have a bubble necklace, but I enjoy seeing how they're styled in the blogosphere :) I love the color of yours!

    ReplyDelete