Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

February Check-In


Take One, Pass It On Item:  striped tee from Tuesday's post
*this is my last TOPIO outfit!  I will be posting a summary about the challenge next week!


Is it just me, or is February shorter than the other months!?  (if you don't understand jokes:  Yes, February is shorter).  I feel like I just did my January update and here we are again.  For all my new readers (welcome!), I am doing monthly posts on my annual goals, in the hopes that accountability will help me stay motivated! 
  1. Do a project, mostly sewing -  it's a small project, but it counts.  I have a dress that I bought on clearance at Ann Taylor about a year ago.  I love it, but it had a halter top, which is not ideal for my  body type.  When I bought it, I thought I could modify it pretty easily, but I just never did it.  I've worn it a few times, but just as a skirt, with a sweater on top.  I finally got around to sewing the ties into normal straps.  YAY!  It's still not an "every day" dress, but I am excited that I can now wear it for some fancier occasions.   
  2. Work out - this will sound familiar.  I met my goal of 3x a week for the first 2 weeks, and then I got sick.  Several people have told me it sounds like the other strain of flu, but I am in denial and saying it was just a cold.  I have gotten back on track this week, so here's hoping I can stay healthy in March. 
  3. Tackle a project around the house - John and I got the hallway bathroom all painted, and I set it up with the yellow and gray decor!  I am pretty excited with the finished product.  I will try to take pictures and post about it soon. 
  4. Cook a "real" meal at least 3 days each week.  I think I did this.  I wasn't keeping track as well.  I did try some new recipes, so that is good! 
  5. Stick to a clothing budget - success
  6. Read 50 books in the year - I read 3 books in February.  If I keep this up, I will only get 36 in the year.  I guess I need to start reading more! 
Overall, I feel pretty good about February.  If I can just stay healthy, I think I will be on track!   

How are you doing on your goals for the year?  

Tee: Gap
Cardigan: Marisa Kristina via Marshall's
Jeans: Old Navy
Boots: Wanted via Piperlime

1 comment:

  1. I like that you post your goals and updates. I started to work out and got sick too, then never got back to it. Maybe March will be a little better for me.

    Your outfit is pretty awesome too :) Hot pink, stripes and boots are the perfect combo. Have a great weekend. Heather

    ReplyDelete