Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Literary Junkies Link-Up





It is Literary Junkies Link-Up time again!  YAY for book nerds!
What are you currently reading? Tell us about it.
Currently reading Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell.  She is an Omaha native, and it is interesting to read a story set in my city.  I went to a book signing a couple weeks ago, and Rainbow Rowell was great, so I liked the book before I even started reading, just because I liked her so much!  I'm not very far into the book yet, but it is about 2 teenagers in Omaha in the mid-80s.  I think they are going to fall in love. Plus the main character, Eleanor, has hair like mine, but bright red.  I'm pretty much imagining an awkward teenager version of Merida.
What book do you recommend the most to people?
It really depends on the person, and what I have been reading lately.    A few books that come to mind are The Pillars of the Earth, East of Eden, A Tale of Two Cities.  I just read The Fault in Our Stars, and have been telling everyone to read it.   
What are the top 3 books on your "to-read" list?
  • The Shepherd of the Hills by Harold Bell Wright
  • A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway
  • Attachments by Rainbow Rowell

What do you "do" while reading? (i.e. listen to music, eat) Any weird reading habits?
I really don't do anything else while I am reading.  I'm usually just curled up on the couch or in my bed.  Sometimes John is watching TV, and if it is a boring enough show, I can read, but usually any other noise is too distracting to me.  I almost always read when I am flying somewhere, but I can't read in a car.    
Blazer, Sweater, Shirt: Gap
Necklace: Bass Outlet
Jeans: Old Navy
Boots: Wanted

4 comments:

  1. Not book-related, but I LOVE those jeans!

    Book-related: I just bought Fault in Our Stars - can't wait to read it!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Fault in Our Stars is #1 on my to-read list right now, as evidenced in my link-up post today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep seeing The Fault in Our Stars on the shelves and I've been tempted to buy it. Since you recommend it, I just may have to pick it up next time I see it! ;) Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete