Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

5 Days, 5 Ways - Dresses





Most of the dresses that I wear on a regular basis have already been the subject of a remix collage, so it took some digging to find another one that I've worn enough times.  I landed on this faux wrap dress from Target.  I think I bought it in 2007, because it was on sale.  Then I hardly ever wore it, because I thought it looked weird with a cami underneath, and it wasn't decent alone.  Once I got a little more creative, I realized I could layer a button-down under the shirt, and I really like it that way! I also noticed that I usually wear it with crazy tights.

5 ways:  
1/2/3/4/5
 Shirt: Gap
Dress: Target
Belt: Limited
Necklace: Dillard's
Boots: BareTraps via DSW


10 comments:

  1. I have the black and white wrap dress from this same year and never thought in a million years to layer a button up under it! I agree, if you don't put something under it, it could show parts you don't want to, ha ha. Thanks for the inspiration, that's why blogging is awesome! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think plain black dresses like this are the perfect dresses for wacky tights!!! I have several wrap dresses and have never thought to wear button ups underneath...adding that to my list of tricks to try.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the look with green tights and boots best - this looked like a fun challenge and a good way to break out the dresses despite persistent snow

    It would make me happy if you visited too!
    pandaphilia fashion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those plaid tights are AWESOME! Your belts are so cute too- they really make the outfit put together!
    Valerie
    www.the-style-files.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This dress looks fabulous with button-downs! I am really loving all your tights, especially these fun houndstooth ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your colored tights... I have a few similar black dresses for the cooler weather and I think I may have to find some fun tights to pair them with next year. (I'm hopeful that tights weather may be behind us for this year!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never thought of putting a wrap dress over a button up! So creative! I tried a wrap dress on the other day at Old Navy because it was $6 but I couldn't get it on. I was so confused, and I couldn't get my goodies to stay put. If that's not a sign not to buy something, I don't know what is. Love your crazy tights :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love ALL of your colored tights! But, my favorite look is the one with the bare legs and boots. You look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like all the color mixing and pops of color! So fun, but professional at the same time! I love it!
    W

    ReplyDelete