Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Oh, Galveston!

Hi there!  I may have gone on vacation last week, and I didn't tell anyone.  I'm so sneaky!  I'll be recapping vacation for the next few posts, and then I should be back to normal posts again.  We shall see.

Anyway, we flew down to Houston on Friday after work, and then hopped a bus to the Port of Galveston on Saturday morning, to catch the cruise ship.

On the Bus
We walked around Galveston for a bit before we got on the boat.  The most interesting thing that happened was when we got in trouble at the train museum.  We thought the lobby area was not part of the museum, so we were walking around in there, and of course, I had to take a picture with one of the random statues.  Then the lady at the ticket counter scolded us and said we needed to pay or leave.  We left.


Once we got on the boat, we got settled into our room, and then the boat started heading south.

One of my favorite things about cruising is the amazing sunsets, so I'll probably be inundating you with sunset pictures.  I just love the big sky and big ocean!





And finally, my dinner outfit for the first night on the boat.  This is my new $6 dress from Kohls and I quite like it!  It came with a drawstring waist, but I thought it needed a contrasting belt, so I removed the drawstring and grabbed the white belt.  The scarf was purchased after dinner at the gift shop on the boat.  It wasn't quite as warm as I expected it to be in the Gulf of Mexico!

Dress: Kohls
Belt: Chinese Laundry
Sandals: Carlos Santana
Scarf: Princess Cruise gift shop

3 comments:

  1. You sneaky you. Love the print on your dress! Such a fun print :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. $6 dress!!!!!!!! That's amazing! It looks like you had a great weekend! What a gorgeous sunset :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow- what a great deal on that dress! I love the colors!
    (PS- not sure why I am a "no reply" blogger- sorry about that! Going to read the rest of your cruise recap now!!) :-)

    ReplyDelete