Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

#21 - Forever Young




This is an outfit I created on Polyvore, and it looked like a good idea on the collage.  Then I put it on, and decided the polka dot scarf was too much.  Then I felt like I was trying to look younger than I am.  Each of these items is somewhat "junior-ish," so combining them all just didn't quite work out.  But I had to get to work, so I just went with it.  Not my favorite look, but hopefully no one judged me too harshly.  Be honest, do I look like a 29-year-old pretending to be 19?  Because if you can't trust strangers on the internet to give reliable feedback, who can you trust?

Jacket: Target
Dress & Tights: Old Navy
Belt: Limited
Boots: Steve Madden

7 comments:

  1. I think if you had included any other bold accessories (color or print), it would have made you look like you were trying to act younger. I probably wouldn't be comfortable wearing tights as bright as the way these appear on my screen, but as long as you're comfortable and confident, that's all that matters, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it's that young looking. I am loving that jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not at all! This is just a fun outfit, and you are allowed to be 29 and fun =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you look so fun! I mean, 29 is still young right?! I definitely think you look your age in a good way :) The tights are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's fun! I think the brightness of the tights makes it look younger - perhaps a more muted purple (or another more muted color like maroon?) would make it more age-comfortable for you?? Either way, I think you look great, and that dress is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tights are super fun! You aren't old AT ALL so you should totally rock these fun trends and go for color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have owned Purple Tights before they were popular, 7 years and counting. I have picked up other Purple Tights & more Colors through the next years. This is a fun outfit & I Love that dress.

    ReplyDelete