Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

#24 - Winter Must Haves




Today, I'm linking up with Laura and Ada for their Winter Must Haves!  They've been showing different way to style winter staples over the last few weeks, and I've enjoyed seeing their take on all the important winter pieces!  I've got several in today's outfit!

Sweater - I have 2 very full drawers full of sweaters.  It's important when you live in the 5th coldest city in the US
Bold Coat - I'm using this blazer as an example.  I mean, I still wore my big puffer coat over it, but I think it counts as a fun layer! 
Long Necklace - I kind of went a little "WEAR ALL THE NECKLACES" on this day.  I usually wear my 2 short gold necklaces together, but I think the long one adds some interest, too.
Fun tights - these tights are gray, but they kind of look black in the pictures.  I wear black tights or leggings a lot in the winter, but I like having other color/pattern options, to keep things interesting. 
Boots - Did I mention I live in a very cold city?  And we generally get quite a bit of snow, but so far, this year has been pretty dry.  Either way, I wear boots almost every day from about December-March.  I love my boots, but I'm always extra excited when there is warmer day and I can get away with flats or pumps.

Anyway, what are your winter essentials?  Go check out the linkup to see everyone's looks!

I'm also linking up for Tres Chic Thursday, What I Wore to Work, and What I Wore.

Blazer, Sweater, Skirt: Gap
Tights: Old Navy
Boots: Steve Madden
Short Necklaces: gifts
Long necklace: F21

3 comments:

  1. So of course I had to google my city and see where it ranked on coldest US cities. #4. Not really a contest you want to beat other cities at. It's warmer today (23!) so I get to wear booties. I love this outfit. The necklaces are perfect and the blazer is a great touch! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great skirt and I love the way you styled it.

    Hope you are having a great day.
    Love,
    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This ended up being such a Fun Outfit with lots of Winter Favorites. Loving the Skirt & Long Necklace in particular. =)

    Thank you for the mention and for linking up.

    ReplyDelete